iTunes just threw up a pretty good set of songs that spans almost the full range of my four-and-five-star playlist:
- “Solar Sex Panel,” by Little Village.
- “Mr. Brightside,” by the Killers
- “I Wish I Had an Evil Twin,” by the Magnetic Fields
- “Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat,” by Bob Dylan
- “Swing, Swing,” by the All-American Rejects
- “Flash,” by Queen
- “Buffalo Soldier,” by Bob Marley
- “Romeo and Juliet,” by Dire Straits
- “New Year’s Day,” by U2
- “D.J. D.J.,” by he Transplants
It needs a little soul (there are songs by Jackie Wilson and the Four Tops farther down), some alt-country (there’s an Old 97’s song a little later), some harder-edged alternarock (Foo Fighters almost count, a little way down, but the Afghan Whigs would be better), but it covers most of the bases as far as my musical tastes go.
It’s also a convenient excuse to test out the new “scheduled posts” publishing option on ScienceBlogs. I’m going downstairs to watch some cartoons, and we’ll see if this is published when I get back…