My traffic has been down a little in the past couple of weeks, which of course can’t possibly be because I haven’t posted anything really interesting in that time. No, clearly, it must be that I’m not playing the game right.
Thus, I have performed an extensive study or high-traffic blogs, to determine what it is that they post that I don’t, and the answer is clear: Internet personality quizzes. Thus, here are some quiz-type things for your amusement and edification:
- A timed online IQ test. You get 13 minutes to answer 38 true/false questions, and then it tells you how smart you are. (Via Scalzi at AOL.)
- A diagnostic test for “people’s values and tribal membership” from an outfit called “Environics.” A bunch of Agree/ Disagree type questions giving you your location on a two-dimensional plot of “Traditional/Modern” vs. “Social/Individual.” (Via Calpundit Monthly.)
Surely, posting these links will boost my traffic into the stratosphere, and I will make millions. Or something. My results, and miscellaneous commentary below the fold.
The IQ thing put me at 136, which they claim is just short of “genius.” If I thought that meant something, I’d either be chuffed or offended, I’m not sure which. They don’t give you the correct answers, though, so there’s really not a lot more to say about that.
The more interesting of the two is the “Environics” test, which claims to identify the “tribe” to which you belong, and provides a helpful list of “icons.” As I’m right on the edge of the age ranges they use for their categories, I could go one of two ways. If I decide to skew old, I’m a “Connected Enthusiast,” which offers the following list of icons:
- Pop star Madonna (Not so much…)
- Film-maker Denys Arcand (Who?)
- Celine Dion (Yikes!)
- Shirley MacLaine (*cough* *splutter*)
As this is clearly horrifically wrong, I can also opt to skew younger, and end up as a “Social Hedonist,” which is at least a better name. The icons, though…
- Race car driver Jacques Villeneuve (Who?)
- Extreme sports athletes (Huh?)
- Pop-punk band Blink 182 (Well, OK…)
- Pop star Ricky Martin (What the…?)
- Movie character Austin Powers (Enh.)
- Rap star Sisqo (This is a joke, right?)
I mean, seriously– do Sisqo and Ricky Martin even rate the term “star” any more?
So, not what you’d call an smashing success on the personality test front…