Suzanne E. Franks of Thus Spake Zuska and I are hosting a panel this coming weekend at the NC Science Blogging Conference, and we’d like your input. The title of the panel is “Gender and Race in Science Blogging“.
For now you can participate at the conference wiki by submitting your questions and comments but we are planning to webcast the panel so that it will be possible for you to participate even if you aren’t attending.
If you know of any great webcasting sites please let us know.
1. Please introduce yourself (who you are, what you do for a living, the name of your blog, how long you’ve been blogging etc.)
2. What’s the story behind your blog? How did you come to create it?
3. Why do you blog?
4. How do you promote your blog?
5. How do you juggle blogging with career and family?
6. What various (personal or professional) opportunities has your blog created for you?
7. How does this blog relate to your career-has it helped? Has it been detrimental?
8. Do you think there are any advantages or disadvantages to being a “female” science blogger?
9. Where is your blog now compared to when you first started and where do you hope it will be a year from now?
10. What advice would you give to other females who are interested in starting a science blog?
Maybe you have another question you’d like to pose to our panel, or just some general issue you’d like to see discussed. Tell us! You can post comments here but please do add to the conversation at the wiki site. We would like to address things you are interested in.
Thanks for your input!