This fun article by Christina Laun at BootStrapper explains 100 weird, wacky, and interesting facts about the human body. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. The largest cell in the human body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.
2.The brain is much more active at night than during the day.
3.During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
4.Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
5. Women’s hearts beat faster than men’s.
6. Your eyes are always the same size from birth (but your nose and ears never stop growing).
7. On any given day, sexual intercourse takes place 120 million times on earth.
8. The brain itself cannot feel pain.
9. The largest internal organ is the small intestine.
10. Sneezes regularly exceed 100 mph & nerve impulses to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles per hour.
11. It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
Check out the rest of the article for more.
Image from Discovery Education’s Clip Art Gallery created by Mark A. Hicks, illustrator.