I’d imagine you are probably all sick of hearing about the DonorsChoose challenge by now, but I’ll admit that I’m a bit disappointed by the lack of response I’ve gotten from you guys. Sure we’ve raised almost $500, but all of that money has come from just 7 people, including me.
Feedburner says that this blog has 116 RSS subscribers. If each of those subscribers donated just $5 (less than two Starbucks drinks), we’d easily reach the goal and help dozens of students.
Apparently handprints from Minnow and the chance to win prizes from Seed aren’t enough to entice you to donate, but maybe this will. For every person who donates to the challenge by October 31st, I will post a picture of Minnow on this blog. And there’s more below the fold…
- No matter how small the amount you donate, your generosity will put a picture of Minnow up on the blog.
- Any donation will also make you eligible for Seed’s giveaways.
- For each $10 that you donate (and email me the receipt), you get a picture AND you can choose the subject of the picture. You can request to see a bathtime picture, a stair-climbing picture, an eating picture, Minnow doing science, whatever you can think of….
- $25 will still get you a personalized hand-print, plus 2 pictures of your choice.
- If we reach the goal of $1000 by the end of the day October 31st, I’ll post a picture of Minnow and I, including faces.
Want to see more of a cute kid? Want to see who I am? Then start donating!
The fine print:
- Photos will be posted daily at 7 am until every donation has been recognized.
- Photos will remain on the web for approximately 7 days and then the post will self-destruct (This was fish’s request.)
- If the goal is reached, the Sciencewoman/Minnow photo will appear at the end of the end of the series of Minnow photos and will remain for at least 48 hours before self-destructing.
- Email your receipts to me (science dot woman (@) gmail) to claim your photo subject and hand prints. And email your receipts to ScienceBlogs (email@example.com) to get in the prize drawings.