I think I’ve been tagged at least seven times for the meme where you are supposed to reveal seven unknown facts about yourself. But since I’ve been baring my soul on this blog for 2.5 years, I’m not sure I can come up with seven things I’ve never revealed before. Here’s my best shot.
- I have a case of the imposter syndrome with research. I think it is exacerbated by being very broadly trained and never feeling like I know as much as the specialists in any of my fields.
- I enjoy reading blogs more than I enjoy writing my own. But I also have imposter syndrome when I write comments and posts. I never feel witty or eloquent enough.
- I have a low threshold for kitchen messes and a high threshold for bathroom messes.
- People who aren’t efficient and can’t multitask annoy me. Unfortunately, this means I end up annoyed at Fish quite frequently.
- I actually enjoyed teaching last semester more than I thought I would. And I’m pretty happy to be teaching the same class over again next semester so that I can tweak some things. But I don’t think I want to be teaching this intro class every semester for the rest of my career.
- If people can be divided into stackers or spreaders and scientists can be divided into splitters and lumpers, I am a spreader and a lumper.
- I am currently reading at least three different books and making very little progress in any of them. That’s what happens when you only have <5 minutes at a time to read.
OK, that was random verging on schizophrenic. Time to move on. Nothing else to see here folks.