I saw this over at Addy’s and absolutely should not have spent the time on it. But I did. And here you go.
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Strike through when someone gets them right I’m doing italics
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING.
Some of these are not very hard – particularly for the song title – though the artist to which I’m listening might require a bit more guessing. A few of these will be impossible. I’ll try to check back at least once a day through the weekend and let you know how it’s going.
1. on my way up north / up on the ventura
2. They say that richard cory owns one half of this whole town,
3. T’was on one bright March morning I bid New Orleans adieu
4. You think that we connect / That the chemistry’s correct
5. Would your love in all its finery / tear at the darkness all around me
6. My love is not a compromise*
7. SATURDAY night! (Artist is still up for grabs)
8. Once my lover, now my friend. / What a cruel thing to pretend.
9. Charlie you’re not my Charlie anymore / You’re screwing it up
10. I don’t go to therapy to find out if I’m a freak (The artist is Dar Williams)
11. Heaven bent to take my hand / And lead me through the fire
12. And you know you’re gonna lie to you
13. The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
14. All through the night I delight in your love
15. wanting you the way I do / I only want to be with you
16. I used to carry the weight of the world
17. I gave my love a cherry that has no stone
18. If only tonight we could sleep
19. Maybe it’s intuition / But some things you just don’t question
20. Farewell Angelina / The bells of the crown
21. You’ve got such a pretty smile / Its a shame the things you hide behind it
22. Well there’s a light coming from the window
23. You’re like a cool breeze, on a summer’s day
24. One fine day, you’ll look at me
25. O come, O come, Emmanuel (Chanteuse is still up for grabs)
(*This one is absolutely impossible, even with google)