In a few days, I’m leaving Mystery City for a whole month. Wow, that’s a long time. It’s a trip combining visits to family with a workshop and some field work, and Minnow will be along for the whole incredible journey. Fish will be with us for a week and then he’ll return home to care for the Princess Pup.
Needless to say, I’ve got a lot to get done before we go. In lieu of real content today, below the fold, I’ve got a partial to-do list for today. Maybe I’ll update this as I proceed through the week, maybe not.
- Set up bill pay to cover the household bills while I’m gone.
- Fix the Endnote output style for Journal of X so that it actually matches Journal of X (including all those journal title abbrevs.)
- Make sure I take all the files I’ll need to submit to journal of X when the last co-author gives the OK
- Arrange for a rental pickup truck for the field work
- Find sufficient boxes to ship field equipment
- Pack and ship field equipment
- Find the manual for the complicated piece of field equipment
- Buy a larger suitcase for Minnow and I
- Take the files I need for my workshop presentation
- Get driving directions to tomorrow’s field site
- Print out and read papers relevant to tomorrow’s field trip
Back to work!