Even though fall classes won’t start for a few more weeks, we are already being asked to submit our spring schedules. I’ll be teaching two classes, each with labs, that I will have previously taught. It’s a little daunting to think about so many hours in the classroom, but the reward will be a lighter load the following fall. (And I know that some of you routinely teach four classes, so that helps keep it in perspective.)
But, oh experienced teachers and schedule gurus, how shall I arrange my classes?
How would you arrange it? Will Wednesday just about kill me?
Parameters below the jump:
- I’d like to have at least one full day off for research (and that day can’t be Friday which fills with meetings).
- I don’t really want to teach at 8 and can’t teach after 5.
- Classes are usually MW or TR but the admin is encouraging Friday classes too.
- Lectures are 75 minutes and start every 90 minutes (i.e., 8, 9:30, 11, 12:30, 2). Labs are 3 hours and I have to teach my own labs.
- Whoops! I just noticed that the figure above shows my Friday afternoon meeting at 2 pm. Tradition dictates that it will be at 1 pm.