- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write 6 random things about yourself.
- Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
- Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry has posted.
Number one for me? My favorite holiday is Halloween.
It really is. I’ve loved Halloween best since I was a kid. Okay, kind of because candy was involved. Kind of because I got to spend it with my friends. Now that I’m older, I particularly love that kids can wander around the neighborhood in crazy costumes and get to visit all the neighbors. I love seeing all the costumes, the ones kids have made and the ones that were bought in the store that the kids are so proud of. I love giving kids money for UNICEF. I love the stupid decorations. I love the jack-o-lanterns. I’m a total Halloween sucker.
Other random things:
2. I’m lefthanded, and militant about it. I notice other lefties and point them out (like, on my presidential list, both Obama and McCain, Clinton, Bush Sr., Perot, and so on…). I own lefthanded scissors, a lefthanded swiss-army knife, and a lefthanded can-opener (ok, it’s ambidexterous) but I can’t handle lefthanded corkscrews. This is also why I like trackpads on laptops rather than mice. I can use right-handed mice, but made my computer mice left-handed, and was more than amused how right-handed people COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT when confronted with a left-handed mouse. Wowza.
3. I’m vegetarian. Actually, I’m becoming more of a flexitarian. We stole our slightly-modified exception rules from Ianqui : exceptions are made for hospitality (we go to someone’s house for dinner and they feed us meat), cultural experience (trying capuns in Switzerland – there is bacon involved), and starvation (there is nothing else to eat). However, we’ve also added the category of “local, organic, pasture raised” to our exception list, in order to support farmers in doing more sustainable agriculture.
4. I think strawberry-rhubarb pies are abominations — why dilute the rhubarb with strawberries which are better fresh anyway? Also, why boil brussels sprouts when you can saute them sliced in half in butter with pine nuts?
5. My soul’s home is on the coast of British Columbia. My parents have a cabin north of Vancouver on the Sunshine Coast, and when I visit them there, I am renewed. I missed going there this year because of our trip to Europe, and I really feel as though it is going to be a struggle to get through the year without it. But we felt we had to choose one giant trip over another, as both would be way too much carbon dioxide production.
6. I really miss playing music. I sing with our UU choir, but it’s not really the same as my old choir. I used to play in an orchestra and chamber music groups and my violin now sits, dusty in its case, in my living room. I feel great guilt about this. Picking up my violin to start playing again (and not exacerbating my CTD) is a perennial New Year’s Resolution for me.
I don’t know who to tag. You – consider yourself tagged! If you want to, that is. Let me know if you play along… and Happy Halloween!
Updated: Ianqui’s original post. Thanks, Ianqui!