InaDWriMo did not get off to a good start. I had spent 3 hours working on my proposal on Friday afternoon. Before leaving for the weekend, I carefully backed it up into multiple places AND emailed the co-PI with the almost-complete draft. This afternoon, I opened up the file to fill in some of the remaining holes and made a maddening discovery. Somehow, I only had a pre-Friday draft. In multiple places. Including the co-PI’s email box. All that work, down the tube. It’s taken me all my stolen moments of work time today to get back to where I was at the end of yesterday. And now I don’t like the abstract as much. I remember being quite pleased with Friday’s abstract.
So InaDWriMo Day 1: Net gain = two sentences + one figure caption. May tomorrow go better.