The powers that be have declared this the third annual Blogroll Amnesty Day. According to those powers, we are supposed to be celebrate by linking to five lesser-known bloggers, and reiterating our liberal blogroll policy.
First the blogs you should be reading…hard choices here, but I’m going to go with these:
- The Alternative Scientist - a group blog on alternative science careers
- Life as I know it… – a new blog by thoughtful commenter Jenn PhD
- I love science, really – by the wonderful Mrs. Whatsit
- Mrs. Comet Hunter – if great bands can self-title albums, why not bloggers?
- Chick with PhizzleDizzle – computer scientist and a bag of chips.
OK, that was the easy part. Now on to our blogroll policy. If you are a women in STEM, an ally to women in STEM, or dispense advice for scientists, engineers, or academics, we’d love to have you on our blogroll.
BUT, our blogrolling service has been down since October. And I don’t have the energy to re-do the blogrolls from scratch, so I’m going to buy into blogrolling.com’s promises to be up and running sometime… So for now, if you’d like to be added to the blogroll, please add a link in the comments section of this post. Then, as soon as blogrolling returns to life, I’ll start to get the blogrolls updated. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
And happy Blogroll Amnesty Day.