While I’m immersed in writing, planning, and reflection and Alice is uncurling, other people are actually writing the sort of amazing posts that make the blogosphere such a valuable and powerful place to be. These are the sort of posts that make you look at the world a different way or that validate and crystallize the ideas that have been floating around in your head for days, months, or years.
Please go at least one of the following posts, and please add your own suggestions of the best of the blogosphere in the comment thread.
- Historiann’s inspired series on Lessons for Girls. I particularly recommend Anger, Opting Out, and On Pity (h/t Zuska)
- Sheril Kirschenbaum on Motherhood, Identity, and Feminism (h/t DrugMonkey)
- Squadratomagico on “You don’t have to be a mom” (h/t historiann)
- Isis on Boys Talk About How Girls Should Talk About Science
- And, of course, La Isis’s phenomenal Letters to Our Daughters Project(I am waiting with bated breath for the next installment)
These posts remind me why the time I spend in the blogosphere is so worth it. Thank you.