If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring seven recent ScienceBlogs posts with you, well, these would be the ones to choose.
- “Extra Special K?”
This just in: treatment-refractive depressives respond reall well to…ketamine!?
- “Where’s the threshold for action?”
Kevin Vranes on why overwhelming scientific consensus alone isn’t enough to spur action.
- “In the Beginning There Was .. The Big Bang”
Artist and biologist John Kyrk has created flash animations of biological events great and small.
- “Cabinets of Curiosity”
Because ‘wunderkammer’ is just about the best word there is.
- “Another Reason to Buy Ice Cream by the Barrel”
Hint: it’s because food wrappers might be making you sick.
- “Bedbugs supplant nocturnal micturition as primary reason not to bring women home”
Uh-oh. Bedbugs are back.
- “Where Did My Son Get His Smarts?”
Bora on raising raising smart, sensitive kids as an atheist and a democrat.