- “Platensimycin: Putative New Class of Antibiotic Medication”
Scientists from Merck report on a previously unknown class of antibiotic.
- “A Necessary Twist (Values, part IV)”
Why can’t we picture a fifth dimension? Stretch your mind with the fourth installment in Karmen’s series, complete with illustrations by the author.
- “Debunking the Upper Tail: More on the Gender Disparity”
Jake continues his previous discussion of gender differences in cognition: they exist, but are they significant enough to explain anything?
- “Hillary for President? Not If You’re Old.”
Does Hillary make you feel proud and hopeful, or angry and afraid? “You never see graphs this clean in science,” Shelley notes.
- “Genre Follow-Up”
What’s wrong with science fiction these days? Chad highlights some of the responses to his popular weekend post on “the sorry state of genre fiction.”
- “Proof that knowing your science can find you love.”
A gem of a personal ad that Dave Ng’s been saving for years…for a blog post like this one. He’s also collecting other personal-ad treasures, so if you have anything you’ve been hoarding too, send it his way.