- Lawyers call for science to clear AIDS nurses in Libya
Declan Butler reports on the Tripoli Six, medical workers sentenced to die by firing squad for supposedly infecting over 400 children with HIV. The evidence points to their innocence, and their lawyers are calling for the science community to rally to their cause. The bloggers are doing just that.
- Margaret Thatcher Illusion
A hideous display of face perception. Read the original paper here. (via boing boing)
- Physics of Superheroes 1 – Death of Gwen Stacy
Not even Spiderman’s web could provide a slow enough change in momentum.
- Astrology believers – unsinkable rubber ducks
Skeptico discusses the cognitive quirks that lead people to maintain a belief in astrology. And he rants. (via Orac)
- The ABCs of Electronically Stealing an Election
Well, clearly these liberal ivy leaguers haven’t done a very good job of stealing recent elections, but maybe we can learn from them anyway.
Got something for Seed‘s Daily Zeitgeist? Email the Zeitgeister.