Correction appended: This post incorrectly stated the Center for Disease Control as the organization responsible for raising the pandemic threat level. This is the duty of the World Health Organization.
Swine flu outbreaks are raising alarm across the globe and prompting the World Health Organizationto consider raising the pandemic threat level. For the most current interpretations of what’s happening from experts on the ScienceBlogs network, see the following category threads: “Pandemic-Preparedness” and “Swine Flu” from Revere at Effect Measure, and “Influenza” and “Outbreak” from Tara Smith at Aetiology.
Related ScienceBlogs Posts:
- Swine flu: what did you expect?
- Swine flu update: Europe and the bottom of the world
- Swine flu: thoughts for the day
- The evolving Swine Flu story
- Swine flu and deaths in healthy adults–cytokine storm?
- Swine flu and air travel.
- How do you know when to start worrying about the new Swine Flu threat?
Photo from Flickr by Encas