With the recent addition of Patricia Fitzgerald to The Huffington Post’s editorial staff as “Wellness” editor, ScienceBloggers are ripping apart the medical articles pushed through to the public eye by HuffPo and Fitzgerald–whose biography states is a “licensed acupuncturist, certified clinical nutritionist, and a homeopath”–with all the force of a black hole. Writes ScienceBlogger PalMD, “In the fight for truth and honesty in journalism, I propose the following more accurate titles for the HuffPo medical writers who are commonly referred to as “Dr”: Patricia Fitzgerald, Doctor of Homeopathy, “Doctor of Magicks.”
Related ScienceBlogs Posts:
- Swine flu, altmed inanity, HuffPo, and other randomness
- More quackery at–where else?–The Huffington Post
- Physics, Poop, and Questionable Medicine
- Another conundrum: whether to engage with the Huffington Post
- What to do about the Huffington Post’s support for anti-vaccine nonsense and quackery?
- What’s this, then? HuffPo with disclaimers?
- Sigh, another HuffPo atrocity against medicine