- Text messages from numbers I don’t recognize. One of them was creepy enough to put me on edge for the rest of the day. This is especially annoying because I don’t have a text plan, so I end up paying for every one of these messages.* Hey stupidheads, stop texting me already!
- Having to micromanage my tenure process. Oh sure, we have all of these nice checks and balances in place to make sure this doesn’t happen and make life somewhat easier for the tenure candidate. Is anyone surprised that all of my senior colleagues are by and large ignoring all of these checks and balances? At this point, I’d like to just chuck the whole process down the drain and just have my department vote now: keep her or toss her? Somehow, I think that would be more humane and less time-consuming.
- Students who don’t follow EXPLICIT DIRECTIONS ON ASSIGNMENTS THAT ARE CLEARLY MARKED AS SUCH (like so) and then get all bent out of shape when they get points taken off on said assignments.
- Toddlers that assert their independence at bedtime on nights when I’m exhausted but have like 80 hours of work to do before bedtime.
- Bad organizers who refuse to delegate. I sense a mini-disaster brewing, but am powerless to prevent it.
- Administrative rhetoric.
- The fact that I am completely exhausted all the time for no good reason.
What’s annoying you this week?
* yes, I will be contacting my service provider to get them taken off my bill, but still, it’s a hassle I don’t have time to deal with this week.