“The question I always get is, ‘Why didn’t you throw Dr. Smith off the Jupiter?’ I get that all the time.” –Mark Goddard
Here at Starts With A Bang, we focus on the promises, possibilities and physical groundings of our Universe, while very rarely venturing into fiction and fantasy. But, very often, it’s the fantastic imaginings of fiction and fantasy that help inspire new directions in science. Have a listen to German guitar great Peter Ratzenbeck‘s tune,
- an extensive program of talks, Q&A sessions and roundtables,
- a world-class art show,
- Gaming, including RPGs, CCGs, LARPs and board games,
- a science and fiction seminar for educators,
- Science-fiction writing and sci-fi art contests,
- TV, movies, music, and, perhaps the second-best thing ever,
- the annual (and guaranteed to be fantastic) Masquerade Ball! (Followed by a Dance Party!)
Why just the second best thing ever? Because those of you who show up on Saturday, March 24th at 11:00AM will get to see the world premiere of my latest, greatest public talk, “Where Does This All Come From?” And I mean it: all of this!
You can still Register here if you want to come (still only $45), and if any of you will be there and want to get together for coffee, drinks, Q&A or any other fun activities, let’s make it happen. Hope to see you there!