All the George Will nonsense has had one good result – “The Myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Scientific Consensus Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society Vol. 89 Iss. 9 ” is up at number one in the AMS charts. But there is more of interest in the list if you look further..
- That’s us. Hurrah!
2. Deterministic Nonperiodic Flow
Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences Vol. 20 Iss. 2
- Lorenz. Butterfly effect – from 1963.
3. Some Coolness Concerning Global Warming
Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society Vol. 71 Iss. 3
- Bad Boy Lindzen from 1990
4. Regimes or Cycles in Tropical Cyclone Activity in the North Atlantic
Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society Vol. 90 Iss. 1
- Tropical cyclone trends or not – an ever popular argument
5. Long-Duration Drought Variability and Impacts on Ecosystem Services: A Case Study from Glacier National Park, Montana
Earth Interactions Vol. 10 Iss. 4
- Drought. Some people like that stuff
6. My View of the Early History of TRMM and Dr. Joanne Simpson’s Key Role in Winning Mission Approval
Meteorological Monographs Vol. 29 Iss. 51
- A puzzling one if you’re not up on recent controversies, but its Theon.
Conclusion: the current AMS download list reflects what the general public is interested in more than what professional met. folk are reading. Which I suppose might be good – if the public are actually reading any of the content they download.