Many years ago, back when Stoat was a humble blogspot blog, I had an “Ask Stoat” feature, shamelessly ripped off from RP Jr’s “Ask Prometheus”. Anyway, it is back, and here it is. Ask away. I’ll transfer anything I think there is any prospect of me doing from the comments into some kind of order list. Anyone else who thinks they know the answwer is welcome to post a link to their version; I’ll xfer those up too, if useful.
Incidentally, PD is also happy to be asked stuff, and has a better record than me of answering. Since he is still an active climate scientist, he may do a better job of anything technical.
So far I have:
* Airbourne fraction (though I’ve done this and this and that)
* What is your guess for SLR by the end of the century. Is it still 1m?
* Do you think that now that IPCC has done its job it should be dissolved?
* Discount rate? [e.g.]
* More wiki stuff, e.g. “Among other things, wiping out his Medieval Warm Period from history.”
* “when people started realising that wind or ocean circulation patterns and the ozone hole would somewhat obscure polar amplification at the Antarctic?”
* “What do you see as the worst case scenario? Is a Venusian style runaway even slightly plausible? A PETM style mass extinction?” [I'm sure I've done this somewhere but I can't find it]
* Seaice: recently or anciently
* “What do you think would be a profitable price on the Intrade market 2010 to be hottest year on record (in GISS)”
* [not all moved up yet]
[Update: thanks for the comments. Some moved up, more to come, but answering? Ah there's the rub -W]