Its friday, time for some lighter stuff.
* Cameron (not, not the Borkeback one) won’t debate Morano, and Morano is happy to crow. All good knockabout fun, and Cameron ends up looking like a fool, but who cares? He is a film director.
* RC notes this appalling error by the Black Helicopter Gang: “I wonder if you’ve seen this terrible description of the greenhouse effect on a UNFCCC background page? http://unfccc.int/essential_background/feeling_the_heat/items/2903.php
It actually says that incoming solar energy is ‘reflected’ by the planet’s surface ‘in the form of a calmer, more slow-moving type of energy called infrared radiation. … Infrared radiation is carried slowly aloft by air currents, and its eventual escape into space is delayed by greenhouse gases’”
* Were you wondering if Energy and Environment was a high-quality journal or not? You could always Ask Curry
* And now for something completely different: a useful link: Eric Wolff on ice cores.
* An idea for dealing with silly comments. I may well do this next for the next gem that comes in.
* I was a bit ratty about surfacetemperatures.org when it first came out. But it seems to have got better since – there are now some white papers and a moderated blog (Zomg! Censorship! Ah shaddap). Anyway, Steve Easterbrook writes Data Challenges in Creating a new Surface Temperature Record about them, so this is my chance to give them a few more eyeballs.
* How’s my sea icing?
* A lovely picture, coutesy of MONGO. Its a thunderstorm anvil, not a nuclear explostion, in case you’re wondering.
* Late bonus: Rajendra Pachauri bribes, bullies newpaper
* Oh, and did I link to Eduardo ripping up McShane and Wyner before?