So let’s put this in perspective …
- ASU hadn’t won in California in fourteen games.
- ASU hadn’t won in Stanford since 1997.
- Nine of the top-25 teams lost over the weekend.
- Colorado – whom ASU beat – went and won against #3 Oklahoma.
- The Cal/Oregon game was a good one. Cal should rise through the ranks, particularly given losses by Florida and West Virginia and ineptitude by USC.
- Speaking of which … USC only beat unranked Washington by 3 points. It’s clear that there is no way that they can be considered the #1 team in the country – winning is not enough. But than again, the fanboys who vote will continue to fellate Pete Carroll. Such is the travesty of the system that is in place.
So overall, a 41-3 win against the Cardinal looks good. A win next week against Washington State (2-3, 0-2) will put ASU 6-0 for the first time since the 1996 Pac-10 championship season. The offensive line needs to improve though – too many mistakes, too many sacks allowed.