Looks like I had a better day than Abbie. I only had to give two talks whereas she had to listen to John West and Casey Luskin. Hopefully sheâ€™ll post more details but for the moment we know that West pontificated that â€śDarwin was Wrongâ€ť and Luskin tried to justify the cdesign proponentists snafu. Pure comedy gold, Iâ€™m sure.
Poor Abbie is going to have to suffer a little more â€“ Dembskiâ€™s blowing into town in a few weeks.
Update: Abbie has presented more details (see links above). Here are Westâ€™s â€śSeven myths about Darwinismâ€ť:
- There is no scientific debate over evolution (featuring use of the infamous New Scientist cover that has been discussed here in Sb ad nauseum).
- ID is just repackaged creationism
- ID is an attempt to unify church and state
- ID proponents are only motivated by religion
- ID is religion
- There is no connection between Darwin and Social Darwinism
- Modern medicine would collapse without evolution
Seriously. Thatâ€™s it. The same old erroneous talking points presented by a political scientist/apologist. West should perhaps have come to Norman a week early to attend my talk. He would have been welcome to raise any of these points in public (and receive a suitable smack-down). Guess he feels safer with a church group.
Short version of both talks: West is terminally boring and Luskin seems to be fixated with Abbie. Both repeat old DI talking points. No surprises.