As if I don’t already have enough to do, Comrade PhysioProf tagged me with this meme last night. I was also fortunate to be tagged by Isis the Scientist in her new digs at On Becoming a Domestic and Laboratory Goddess. So, since these folks seem interested, here goes:
5 Things I was Doing 10 years Ago:
(1) Gleefully watching my first PhD student complete and defend her dissertation.
(2) Liberating myself from a demonic, parasitic spouse.
(3) Starting a long-distance relationship with PharmGirl.
(4) Releasing my first co-authored book.
(5) Preparing my tenure dossier.
5 Things On My To-Do List Today:
(1) Finish sections of a collaborative grant.
(2) Take PharmKid to see Madagascar.
(3) Call and/or Skype video chat with PharmMom and PharmSis.
(4) Write letter of congratulations and thanks to a colleague who gave a tremendous violoncello performance last evening.
(5) Re-organize my home office area (or excavate it with a pitchfork and recycling bins, or just simply set a controlled burn).
5 Snacks I Love:
(1) C. Howard’s Violet Mints (thanks to the late PharmDad and PharmPop).
(2) Hot, boiled green peanuts.
(3) Herr’s Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips.
(4) Barley sugar pops.
(5) Asian rice cracker mix, w/ or w/o wasabi peas.
5 Things I Would Do If I Were A Millionaire:
(1) Build a off-the-grid cabin in southern Colorado using an awesome plan selected by PharmGirl that is currently sitting somewhere on my nightmare of a desk.
(2) Set aside 4 yrs of undergrad tuition room and board for the PharmKid.
(3) If there is any money left (doubtful with projected college costs), establish a scholarship for one of my students.
(4) Donate more to our local food bank.
(5) I’d buy your love.
5 Places I’ve Lived:
(1) In the shadow of the town water tower.
(2) On a trolley line in West Philadelphia.
(3) Very close to Tom Petty’s boyhood home.
(4) At 8000 ft with a view of the Continental Divide.
(5) Next to a tuberculosis era Jewish pauper’s cemetery.
5 Jobs I’ve Had:
(1) Italian restaurant dishwasher.
(2) Pizza joint kitchen boy.
(3) Pizza delivery driver.
(4) Vivarium animal cage cleaner.
If you’re still awake, I hereby tag the following five folks about whom I’d like to know more:
Eric W at Homebrew and Chemistry
Kathryn at her ilovebacteria.com blog
Graham Steel at McBlawg
Chris Patil at Ouroboros
And in honor of PharmCanuck, my own former female Canadian postdoc (still female and still Canadian), GirlPostdoc at Canadian girl postdoc in America