Less than a month now! Dear Aard readers Heather Flowers and Erin Emmerich of the University of Minnesota have invited me to speak there in April. My wife will accompany me and interpret whenever we run into someone who speaks only Mandarin.
Now, Dear Reader: can you offer me further Minnesota speaking gigs to help fund the trip? Pointers to Scandy associations that I should contact? I could speak about pretty much anything Scandy, not just archaeology. Heather has already given me an awesome contact list.
Update 13 March: I’m bumping this entry along month by month to gather more reader suggestions. Our schedule is taking shape:
- Wed 6 April. Afternoon, touch down at MSP.
- Thu 7 April. Afternoon, American Swedish Institute tour.
- Thu 7 April. Late evening, bar get-together with the Minnesota Skeptics at the Duplex Bar.
- Fri 8 April. Lunch, speak at Archaeology Consortium (U Minn archaeology grad students and faculty) on Bronze Age sacrificial sites.
- Fri 8 April. Evening, gaming night with Ian Light and other members of the Anthro Club.
- Sat 9 April. Speak at U Minn undergraduate anthropology conference on the Migration Period Scandy gold binge and its Merovingian Period hangover.
- Sun 10 April. Morning, appear on Minnesota Atheists radio show with Greg Laden.
- Sun 10 April. Brunch at Q Cumbers.
- Mon 11 April. Afternoon, take off home from MSP.