I had some bad news about two Boomer dudes that I know and like(d): one died of lung cancer the other day, and the other was diagnosed with leukemia. But apart from that I had a pretty good weekend:
- Played Eclipse again, got royally whipped.
- Gave a talk and did some debating at a skeptics’ event in Eskilstuna, met loads of friendly people, all while wearing a suit and tie because I was heading directly to the following do afterwards.
- Celebrated my oldest friend’s 40th birthday. Met lots of surprising greying 40-y-o versions of his friends that I haven’t seen much since leaving the Tolkien Society back in ’98.
- Had lunch at a restaurant with old friends from the SKOM on-line forum to celebrate another friend’s 41st.
- Stood for a long time listening to the year’s first blackbird evensong.
And you, Dear Reader?