This seems like an interesting meme. I was tagged by Babel’s Dawn, who asks the following:
- What have you learned so far from visitors to your blog? To be aware of who I’m writing to: a very bright, sometimes expert audience — though not always expert in the particular field I’m writing about. Also, that I’m a poor predictor of what will be interesting to my audience, so I’d better be doing my best no matter the topic.
- If somebody offered to pay for a course (or more) for you, what would it be? Statistics. Definitely a gap in my knowledge there.
- Are you satisfied with what you have achieved in 2006? In blogging, yes, but with my other writing, no. As I’ve mentioned before, the point of this blog is to keep reading notes for a book Greta and I are planning, and as yet we’ve got no book. But things are looking good for 2007!
- Has blogging changed your life in any way? Yes, it’s made me more aware of a terrific community of others who are grappling with similar problems to me. And it’s helped me deal with the isolation of being a writer.
- If you could meet the one person in the world whom you truly admire, who would that be? Yegads, I hate this sort of question. I don’t like picking favorites — I don’t think I’m qualified. Also, like Edmund Bolles, I’m not sure what I’d say when I met whoever I chose. I do think it would be fun to go drinking with John Cusack, though.