We found a recipe for pecan pie that does
not use corn syrup. I would not try to argue that this
confection is salubrious, mind you, but at least there is no corn syrup.
Most pecan pie is so sweet that it is annoying.
unfortunate. We are hopeful that this will not have that
Here is a close-up.
Pecan Pie With
No Corn Syrup
* 1 cup light brown sugar
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup butter
* 2 eggs
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup choc chips
* 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans (toast in oven while pre heating)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, beat room temperature eggs until foamy, and stir in
melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar and the flour; mix
well. Finally, add the milk, vanilla and choc chips and 1 cup nuts.
3. Pour into an unbaked 9-in pie shell. Scatter remaining 1/2 cup
pecans on top. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 375 degrees,
then reduce temperature to 300 degrees and bake for 45 minutes, or
This pie has a different appearance than pies made with corn syrup and
it may appear that it is getting too brown during baking, but it will
Note: the chocolate chips are optional.
This recipe is
made up from others, modified, based upon intuition.
Intuition is good for that.