I get ‘tagged‘ with these blog memes fairly often and for this one, I’m finally game – but ONLY because it began with my great-great-grandfather PZ to demonstrate something Darwinian. So you know, I’m indulging in ‘The Pharyngula Mutating Genre Meme‘ for the children. Watch kids, today’s lesson is Evolution in Cyberland:
There are a set of questions below that are all of the form, “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”. Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:
* You can leave them exactly as is.
* You can delete any one question.
* You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change “The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is…” to “The best time travel novel in Westerns is…”, or “The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is…”, or “The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is…”.
* You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”.
* You must have at least one question in your set, or you’ve gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you’re not viable.
Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions.
Finally, pass it along to any number of your fellow bloggers. Remember, though, your success as a Darwinian replicator is going to be measured by the propagation of your variants, which is going to be a function of both the interest your well-honed questions generate and the number of successful attempts at reproducing them.
1. The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is:
‘Slaughter-House V‘ by Kurt Vonnegut.
2. The best scary movie in scientific dystopias is:
3. The best sexy song in pop is:
‘SexyBack’ by Justin Timberlake.
4. The best cult novel in American fiction is:
‘Another Roadside Attraction’ by Tom Robbins.
Let not this lineage go extinct! I am asking the following to go forth and multiply:
No more meme games for me, but for more questions on evolution, ask great-great-grandpappy PZ.