A few days ago I was tagged by Perfectly Reasonable Deviations as a “Thinking Blogger” which apparently comes with a nifty picture and the responsibility to tag five more bloggers for the award. The tough part is *just* nominating five blogs, I think I could easily rattle off 25 which deserve the title of Thinking Blogger. But, as I hope this meme makes its way around the net, eventually all those other blogs will get tagged too.
So here’s my five to get the ball rolling:
1. Not much is known about the author of The Neurocritic blog, but he’s funny, snarky, and blogs neuro-stuff awesomely.
2. The Loom by science-writer Carl Zimmer. Superbly written, always interesting and informative. I feel smarter for reading his blog.
3. Dr. Bushwell’s Chimp Refuge by Dr. Bushwell, Kevin Beck, and Jim. They bring diverse perspectives on science, scathing wit, and the rare ability to make me drench my computer screen in coffee ona regular basis. A near-daily stop for me.
4. Jon’s Travel Adventures is the blog of Jonathan Shock, an English post-doc in Physics currently living in Beijing. Full of interesting commentary on physics, string theory, not to mention hilarious fish-out-of-water stories about living in China. I’ve been reading this blog since I started mine.
5. Lab Cat is the anonymous blog of a food scientist who blogs on a wide range of topics. Smart writing and interesting perspective.
Now as I mentioned, I recently updated by blogroll with some great new sites. So please check out some of those additions as well as my nominations.