While we regularly post lengthy discussions on Obesity Panacea, there are many research updates, news stories, videos, etc. in the field of obesity, physical activity and nutrition that we come across on a daily basis that never grace the pages of the blog. Most of these mini-stories we share with our followers on Twitter, and we encourage those of you with active Twitter accounts to communicate with us there to get real-time updates of all the stuff we are discussing (Follow Peter and/or Follow Travis). For those of you who shy away from Twitter, enjoy below the best mini-stories that we came across during the prior week along with links to the original source so that you can follow the full story.
- Is the obesity epidemic caused by a virus? ERV thinks not (ERV).
- Pickle juice stops muscle cramps - yet more evidence that cramps are not caused by dehydration or electrolyte loss (sorry Gatorade) (Sweat Science).
- Coca Cola's latest deceit (Weighty Matters).
- Why governments dither on addressing obesity (Dr Sharma's Obesity Notes).
- Can't stand to sit for too long? There's a desk for that (New York Times via @davemunger).
- Pain management, and unintended consequences - my Researchblogging.org picks of the week (Research Blogging).
- Speaking of Research Blogging - they now support Polish language posts! (Research Blogging).
Those are a the posts that caught our eye this week. Have a great weekend!
- Log in to post comments