We would like to inform you of the upcoming 10th Canadian Summer School on Quantum Information & Research Workshop.
Save the dates: July 17-30, 2010
Location: University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
For more information, visit our website: qi10.ca
Contact us: info [atatat] qi10.ca
This summer school on quantum information marks the 10th anniversary of the highly renowned series. This year the emphasis will be on quantum algorithms and models of quantum computation, with particular attention to mathematical methods. This summer school also includes a research workshop on quantum algorithms, computational models, and foundations of quantum mechanics, held during July 23 - 25. We would appreciate that you help to disseminate the information of this event to your colleauges, postdocs and students.
Confirmed speakers include:
* Boris Altshuler, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
* Hans J. Briegel, UniversitÃ¤t Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
* Daniel E. Browne, University College London, UK
* Andrew Childs, University of Waterloo, Canada
* Steve Flammia,Perimeter Institute, Waterloo, ON, Canada
* Chris Godsil, University of Waterloo, Canada
* Daniel Gottesman, Perimeter Institute, Waterloo, ON, Canada
* Daniel Lidar, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
* Maarten van den Nest, Max-Planck-Institut fÃ¼r Quantenoptik, Garching, Germany
* David Poulin,UniversitÃ© de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
* Frank Verstraete, UniversitÃ¤t Wien, Austria
* Pawel Wocjan, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions regarding the summer school and research workshop. For more information, visit our website at qi10.ca, or give us an email at info [at at at] qi10.ca.
Conference in Austria...looks like a very scenic location:
I would like to draw your attention to the upcoming ESF-FWF-LFUI Conference on Quantum Engineering of States and Devices, which will be held in Obergurgl, Austria, 5-10 June 2010.
The full conference programme is accessible online from http://www.esf.org/conferences/10312 and the closing date for applications is on 14 March.