Dr. Free-Ride has a getting-acquainted exercise for us newbies. My answers are below. You’ll notice I didn’t use that awful word meme; here’s why.
3 reasons you blog about science:
1. To inform scientists and non-scientists about evolution, public health, and microbiology.
2. To taunt creationist morons.
3. Related to #2, if I blog about evolution enough, Jerry Falwell’s head might just explode (it’s a longshot, but worth trying anyway).
Point at which you would stop blogging:
When you pry my keyboard out of my cold, dead hands…
1 thing you frequently blog besides science:
Politics. Lotsa politics.
4 words that describe your blogging style:
1. Slightly deranged
4. Relentless (I’m quite willing to beat a topic to death. For months, if that’s what it takes)
1 aspect of blogging you find difficult:
If I have been thinking too long about a post, I get bored and do not want to actually write the damn thing.
Ooh, look! Shiny pebble!
5 ScienceBlogs blogs that are new to you:
9 blogs you read outside the ScienceBlogs universe:
2 important features of your blogging environment:
1. Music. Loud, obnoxious music.
2. Adequate sleep.
6 items you would bring to a meet-up with the other ScienceBloggers:
1. Geeky T-shirt.
2. A pen.
3. Choclate something.
5. A book (you never know…).
5 conversations you would have before the end of that meet-up:
Being selfish, all five conversations would result in me being able to see other bloggers’ cool study organisms, fossils, or mechanical gizmos.