Fornvännen 2016:1 is now on-line on Open Access.
- Anton Seiler on a weapon grave with fragments of a Vendel helmet found at Inhåleskullen near Uppsala. Some of the metalwork is interestingly decorated in Salin's Style III/E and must be late additions to the assemblage.
- Rune Edberg and Johnny Karlsson on the bone skates of Birka and Sigtuna. Almost none are long enough for grownups!
- Anders Nord and colleagues on the pigments used on Medieval stonework in churches on Gotland.
- Sabine Sten and colleagues on a wide range of studies done on the bones in Holy King Erik's reliquary in Uppsala Cathedral. It actually seems to be him!
- John Kvanli and Lars Søgaard Sørensen on Norway's rules for metal detectors.
- Andreas Toreld and Tommy Andersson on the Kivik rock carvings.
- Joakim Goldhahn and Christian Horn on an Early Bronze Age spearhead from Tjust in Småland.
- Sigmund Oehrl on an overlooked Gotlandic picture stone with the Bird-Horned Man on it!