Come one come all! February is Black History Month, and to celebrate the diversity in science professions, DNLee from the blog Urban Science Adventures! has arranged a blog carnival titled 'Diversity in Science.' Many ScienceBloggers and other major contributors in the science blogosphere are enthusiastically supporting this blog carnival and have authored a plethora of posts. "There are a wealth of interesting blog posts, covering a broad swath of both semi-historical figures and current inspirational ass kickers," said ScienceBlogger DrugMonkey, who contributed four posts to the festivities. Check out the buzz about diversity on ScienceBlogs and then head over to Urban Science Adventures! for the full story.
Related ScienceBlogs Posts:
- Faces of Drug Abuse Research: Carl L. Hart, Ph.D.
- Faces of Drug Abuse Research: Chana K. Akins, Ph.D.
- Diversity in Science: Lewis Latimer
- Faces of Drug Abuse Research: Yasmin L Hurd, Ph.D.
- Profiles in mentoring: Dr. James E. LuValle
- Heroes of the Future: Contrasting Contexts, The Race Thing, and Science Education
- Faces of Neuropsychopharmacology: Percy L. Julian, Ph.D.
- Dr. Ashanti Pyrtle: Combining a love of science with a passion for mentoring
- Dr. Pamela Gunter-Smith: Career Path of An Administrative Leader
- Scientists Isis Admires -- The Diversity in Science Edition
- ScienceOnline09: Meeting NCCU's BRITEs at Research Triangle