A few of the recent pieces I recommend reading:
- Sarah Kliff & Ezra Klein at Vox: The Lessons of Obamacare
- Chris Ladd in Forbes: Unspeakable Realities Block Universal Health Coverage in the US
- Donelle Eller in the Des Moines Register: Iowa pollution enforcement could lose big under Trump EPA cuts, critics warn
- Teddy Wilson at Rewire: Texas Legislators "Ignore" Spiking Black Maternal Mortality Rates
- Linda-Gail Bekker & Anthony S. Fauci at STAT: Women are Leading the Way in HIV Research
And because the House Republicans' healthcare bill is so consequential for public health and there's been so much useful writing about it, here are some important articles on the AHCA:
- Kimberly Leonard in US News: CDC Faces Cuts Under Obamacare Repeal
- Timothy Stolzfus Jost in the Washington Post: The Republican health-care bill is all about shortchanging the poor
- Vann R. Newkirk II in The Atlantic: How the American Health Care Act Leaves Near-Elderly People Behind
- Emily Crockett at Vox: In these 105 counties, Planned Parenthood is the only full-service birth control clinic
- Katie Zezima & Christopher Ingraham at Wonkblog: GOP health-care bill would drop addiction treatment mandate covering 1.3 million Americans
- Imani Gandy at Rewire: Jason Chaffetz’s Stance on iPhones and Health Care Is Both Heartless and Unoriginal
- Leana Wen at Shots: I'm Pregnant. What Would Happen if I Couldn't Afford Health Care?
- Ron Lieber in The New York Times: Are You Middle Class Enough to Deserve a Health Care Tax Break?
- Log in to post comments