For the first time since 2011 I haven't got any teaching this autumn semester, which is really bad both for my finances and for my troop morale. (I feel like my colleagues would celebrate or not even notice if I got eaten by a grue tomorrow.) To boost both I'm instead seeking paid extramural speaking gigs. Here's what I've got scheduled at the moment.
- 27 Sept. On early local history, in Sickla.
- 6 Oct. On the Skällvik castle excavation, in Söderköping.
- 19 Oct. On archaeology and religion, in Jönköping.
- 20 Oct. On archaeology and religion, in Visby.
- 27 Oct. On archaeology and religion, in Karlstad.
- 2 Nov. On the local Iron Age and Middle Ages, in Vadstena.
- 3 Nov. On archaeology and religion, in Linköping.
- 6 Nov. On early local history, at Skogsö.
- 7 Nov. On archaeology and religion, in Södertälje.
- 9 Nov. On early local history, in Sickla.
- 15 Nov. On archaeology and religion, in Malmö: Sir Toby’s, Davidshallsgatan 21.
Dear Reader, would you like to hire me as a speaker?
I'd love to. But I don't see us pulling a crowd here.
It is sad to hear this. A really good archeologist with a lot of experience and a sharp mind. Since You know open source quite good and there is a short supply of it-talent in Stockholm, can You think of that as a short time solution?
Thanks John and Thomas!
My plan B if I have to end or pause my scholarly career is contract archaeology, where you dig in advance of highway development. Plan C is the publishing business, though I really don't want to do more copy editing and proofreading.
Great to hear that You have several plans.
I see that you are speaking in Malmo on the 15th of November. Where?
Sir Toby’s, Davidshallsgatan 21. Hope to see you there!
I have marked in on FB and will be there.