A week or two ago, in a comment on the Blogging Groups and Ethics post, I lamented that I always seem to be reading the same librarianish blogs, not mixing it up too much. I wished that we might have a blogging community to assemble around, or at least a good aggregator.
Well, Bora Zivkovic challenged me in the comments to at very least aggregate scitech librarian blogs for the ScienceBlogging.org site.
It's taken me a while, but I've done it.
Using the list I previously created for the List of Science & Technology Librarian Blogs I created a Friendfeed group which Bora has since connected to ScienceBlogging.org. It's about 3/4 the way down the page, in the Aggregators and Combined Feeds of Independent Bloggers section. Thanks to Bora for getting it set up so quickly.
Based on my previous post, here's a list of the reasonably active Science & Technology library blogs I've included. As I said before, I've not included medical library blogs because it's not an area I'm knowledgeable about. That list would make a great idea for a similar aggregator in it's own right, but that's not what I was trying to do here.
In no particular order:
- The Methods Section by Ariel Neff
- The Library Adventures of Kiyomi by Kiyomi Deards
- Science Intelligence and InfoPros by Herve Basset
- Christina's LIS Rant by Christina Pikas
- Book of Trogool by Elizabeth Brown, Dorothea Salo and Sarah Shreeves
- Undergraduate Science Librarian by Bonnie Swoger
- Nuthing but Net by Joe Kraus
- The Science Library by Joe Kraus
- Carolyne's pages of interest by Carolyne Sidey
- Trading Knowledge by Frank Norman
- Information/Science by Andrew Colgoni
- CogSci Librarian by Stephanie Willen Brown
- Pharmacy Librarian by KT Vaughn
- e3 Information Overload and Are you 2.0 yet? by Brian C. Gray
- The Patent Librarian's Notebook by Michael White
- Science Library Pad by Ricard Akerman
- EngLib by Catherine Lavallee-Welch
- Confessions of a Science Librarian by John Dupuis
I've also included a couple of institutional blogs that have a bit more of a personal feel:
- Science Librarian at Penn State by John Meier
- World of Engineering by Ed Eckel
- Science Resources by Michael Knee
Read, enjoy, explore -- over at ResearchBlogging.org.
And like last time, if I've missed any scitech librarianish bloggers, please let me know so I can add them to the Friendfeed group.
Cool. I just signed up for the FriendFeed group.
Thanks for the honor!
Hi! I will join your group in FriendFeed it seems like interesting! I want to be part of your group,make some fun with my account and make more friends!.. I will be right back here in your site right after I joined your group. Thanks!