Your weekly dose of volcanic activity. As a sidenote, you can now get placemarks for the weekly activity report via Google Earth. Select "Google Earth Placemarks" from the SI / USGS Weekly Volcanic Activity Report page.
Highlights of this week's report:
- New explosions at Ebeko. See my article today for more details.
- More evidence of increased activity at Nyamuragira and Nyiragongo, Congo. One interesting note is that scientists from the Goma Volcano Observatory noted that earthquake swarms usually precede eruption by 3-5 months.
- I've seen very little news about this, but Pacaya in Guatemala has been experience some intense Strombolian eruptions and has produced multiple lava flows.
- Minor ash and pulsating steam plumes at Galeras, Colombia
- Light ashfall in towns 3-5 km from the Tavurvur vent at Rabaul, Papau New Guinea.
- Sakurajima, Japan produced a 7,000-10,000 foot / 2-3 km ash plume.
Thanks for spreading the word about this.
Hi, I thought that what happened in last season finale left me hanging forever but this season is worse! I love this show though. The season 5 began very slow but it's got more intense fast. I totally am puzzled about how they are gonna end the show. We all know whatâs going to happen but stillâ¦What do you guys think? If you want to watch some episodes of Dexter, visit my Dexter blog to watch it, Watch Dexter Online. Keep up the great work!