Avast, it be International Talk Like a Pirate Day, and we've seized this blog from that landlubber Stemwedel! We've run up a new flag (designed by that pirate's pirate Pough), and Cap'n Free-Ride is drivin' this ship now.
But, me hearties, ye know that there's honor among pirates, don't ye?
- Hie ye off to read the Jolly Roger Manifesto of the dread pirate Beyerstein, who captains that bucket Majikthise.
- Tonight be "Back t' School Night" for the wee Free-Rides, where we'll be promotin' the all-pirate science curriculum. Avast!
- Ye best be studyin' that pirate curriculum, as a shortage of sea dogs be killin' the planet!
- Indeed, some landlubbers claim Peak Piracy be here.
- GrrlScientist, a fierce wench if ever t'was one, asks what manner o' pirate ye be.
- That scurvy dog PZ Myers offers chanteys for after th' plunderin'.
- Should ye' scurvy be gettin' in th' way of your lootin', Cutlass Shelley be tellin' ye how t' make some Vitamin C.
Arr, surrender ye' pirate-related news or links in t' comments, or prepare t' walk t' plank!
Um...I'm sorry, I thought this was the math department. I'll go now....
Evidently bill needs a piratical maths song. I can't think of anything apposite - my head is filled with polka adaptations of bizarre songs...