A compendium of selected posts written about the Ituri Forest, the Efe Pygmies, and other folks and other things in the region:
In the matter of insects:
- No Place to Sit Down
- The reason the Efe won't normally kill an insect ...
- "Excuse me, there's some food in my bugs!"
- Day of the locust. Yum!
- "We Live In Little Houses Made of Beans"
- The curious world of bugs
Life in the forest
- How to kill a monkey
- How to carry your monkey home once you've killed it
- A story of my friend Kobou
- Camp life
- A look at some traditional medicine, cross culturally
- Total eclipse of the sun and/or moon
- Child safety devices
- Shamans, Surgery, and the Driveway of Doom
- Mail order brides and hypergyny
Odds and ends
Greg, thanks for the window to the Efe world.
Yes, the Efe and Congo memoirs are quite a trip. Truly amazing in many respects.
So, is the Efe fellow in the image making a chair? Or perhaps a bow.
Yes I completely agree, a moving and deep piece of writing. Well done.