Regular readers might be wondering why my output was—shall we say?—less extensive last week than it usually is. I even skipped a weekday and then followed it up with a recycled post from my not-so-super-secret other blog, altered to be a bit more, yes, Insolent. The answer is a single word: Grants. I had a grant deadline. That's basically past now. However, today is a holiday, and, besides taking some time to pay tribute to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, I also plan on taking a day off from full-scale blogging as well. Fortunately, there are a couple of links to thinks that should amuse you that I can post:
- Challenge to Magda Havas: Independent Test. Lorne Trottier, who runs the EMF & Health website, sent me a link to an amusing little story about an old "friend" of ours, Magda Havas, who is well-known as an EMF fear monger in Canada. Well, Joe Schwarcz and Lorne Trottier issued a challenge to her to replicate her "study" in which she found that EMF could cause heart irregularities. Hilarity, as they say, ensued.
- In which a certain person known to most Oracolytes is taken to task by an eminent radiologist. Dr. Kopans noticed!
- Jake Crosby Speaks At AutismOne Saturday in Chicago. Jake's talk was two days ago. One wonders whether, as is the case for most of the other talks at the yearly autism antivaccine quackfest, we'll get to see Jake in action. I can't wait.
Regular blogging should resume tomorrow.
whilst our intrepid leader wisely dealt with his friend's critic, yours truly has been reduced to scanning facebook pages...
well, actually facebook pages maintained by those reeking, miasmic dead marshes of festering illogic and virulent magical thinking ( i.e. AoA, TMR, AI, Canary Party)- all in vain, for information about AO.
There has been precious little reported or discussed @ AoA, CP and AI
BUT TMR fb has reported ( esp about Tex, Thalia Michelle, and their gfcfsfcf organic, GMO-free candy bar endeavor) a bit and today links to TM Zorro's** blog , Recovery Road, where she tells us what she's learned-
- medical marihuana is the bee's knees
- magnetic resonance therapy sounds attractive
- alkalinity is basic to health- as are essentail oils, organic
- the movement moves beyond ASDs to ADHD, food allergies, medical MJ, clean food ( links to Canaries)
- glyphosates are evil - a display of Seneff's graph linking ASDs to Roundup. Alzheimer's will also correlate , we're told.
- Alzheimer's and autism both involve amyloid plaques
She promises video links by Tuesday.
It'll be an embarrassment of riches, I'm certain.
** yes, she's new along with Shawty and another Texan
yes, she’s new along with Shawty and another Texan
Are these actual TMRs, or outsourced second-tier Team TMR labor?
Over here in Europe, the main anti-EU (and very anti-vaccine) party in Italy was trounced by one of the mainstream parties. So despite the Front National and UKIP winning, there is a silver lining to be had.
Do you seriously think that even *I* can identify and manage to keep that den of howling she-wolves' names and ranks straight? **
BUT here's what I've got:
-some newbies came aboard recently who are not listed amongst the original ( see TMR "getting personal") 24( 23 mums and1 p)- not all continue to contribute regularly
- they also have "guests"
- a newbie may be listed for TEAM TMR or not
- amongst the newbies are:
Karma ( Orac blogged about her), Shawtie (who appears to be African-American- she's self-described as"ghetto fabulous"), Chief ( an RN! yiiiii!), the aforementioned Zorro( an "allergy mom" with a blog),another Texan et al.
** fortunately I did my real work earlier today prior to nearly frying my brains by watching the ENTIRE 70 minute f@cktastic video of AJW with Brian Hooker which Orac included.
AND yeah, I know it's not a nice thing to say- she-wolves are just innocent animals not scheming disease promoters
@ Denice Walter: I only got through 15 minutes of the 70 minutes videotape of Wakefield's presentation at the A-1 Conference, before I had to turn it off. Brian Hooker introduced Andy as the "persecuted physician" who should be awarded a knighthood for his research. Brave Sir Andy, the lying b@star@rd, is still a lying b@st@rd.
Where's Jake's A-1 presentation? Gutless whelp needs to produce the videotape on his own blog.
I have a sneaking suspicion that Wayne Rohde's book preview at AoA has at least one glaring error, and it's not the order-of-magnitude one.
Everyone's a "published author" at AoA.
Let's demand that the GAO do a complete audit to find out where all that money is being spent. If there truly are surpluses in the Vaccine Court's piggy bank, then let's add some other Table Injuries...such as autism.
Cripes, they all have a sense of entitlement.
It's kind of looking like they're done uploading the Saturday videos.
And now they've moved to Sunday. Bummer.