I stopped by the Cranbury Bookworm this afternoon to indulge myself in a minor book-buying binge (or at least a smaller one than the last time I went during their 1/2 off sale). Here's what I picked up for $21;
- People of the Lake - Richard Leakey and Roger Lewin
- The Emergence of Man - John E. Pfeiffer
- Alfred Russel Wallace - Peter Raby
- African Genesis - Robert Ardrey
- Hen's Teeth and Horses Toes - Stephen J. Gould
- Good Natured - Frans de Waal
- Almost Human - Shirley Strum
I almost picked up a 1925 book called Evolution for John Doe (later called Evolution for Everybody, as opposed to the more recently published Evolution for Everyone), but I put it down thinking I might be able to find it on Google Books. At present there isn't an electronic copy, but maybe it will still be there when I stop in for my next visit (I can't imagine it being in high demand).
TAM 6 Call for papers: James Randi - little blaspheming atheist fraud and his army of robot zombie followers:
to see how we stopped Randi's MD paranormal challenge....
guess what is inside angel's ENVELOPE:
| RANDI'S HEAD
Did you and John sort out the Boneyard for this week?