I was away this week, and it's a holiday, so the links are kinda light. Here's some science stuff.
- Here's how not to manage a KPC infection.
- Here's some stuff I learned at the ASM 2007 meeting.
- We don't need no stinkin' food safety.
- Probiotic bacteria might prevent amphibian extinctions.
- Here's a cool post about moon jelly life history.
The other stuff:
- Our schools might not suck, but our healthcare system does.
- If you care about civil liberties, you'll want to read about this expansion of presidential authority.
- Tristero asks how Iran became classified as an "intractable foe committed to launching violent attacks on the United States and/or its immediate interests."
- Tyler DiPetro tells us how to behave in a coffee shop.
- An interesting article about the psychologies of those who get abortions.
- Former White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card is roundly booed at the UMASS commencement. What did they think would happen?
- Here's another reason why republics should not hire mercenaries.
- This post by Andy Bacevich will break your heart.
- Gender and running. Heh.
- Greg Laden puts the Creationist Museum in its appropriate context.