- While I have yet to see a copy in a Barnes and Noble store locally, it's selling well enough in the national chain for them to have ordered more copies. Yay!
- Relatedly, the publisher has just ordered a second printing, woo-hoo! I'm not sure what the total number of copies on paper is, but if they've asked for more, that's definitely a good sign.
- I have a couple of radio interviews scheduled for next week, which ought to be an adventure. I'm taping an interview with Jim Scott of WLW in Cincinnati on Monday (not sure when it will air), and scheduled to do a live interview on Wednesday with somebody from the Thom Hartmann Program. I'll talk more about this closer to.
- The book is apprently enough to make me notable. At least, I've had a Wikipedia page for a few days now, and nobody has demanded it be taken down. It could use more information, such as a few of the biolgraphical details here, but I'm not about the edit it myself, which just invites horrible squabbling.
- 6878 at the time of this typing, since you asked.
I may or may not schedule more posts from the airport, but it would probably be a terrible idea given that I spent much of yesterday with muscle spasms in my neck. So be good, and don't trash the place while I'm gone.
I picked it up at my local libray yesterday and started reading it - EXCELLENT!!!111 It's a great read, and I recommend it to any and all readers. (I will send an email to my son's next year physic instructor. And we live in the biggest school district in IL).
ps: You should copyright "HOw to teach __________ To My Dog "- the format really works. I think I will pop over to erv's site and see if Arnie can help me understand all those retro ervs Abbie keeps blogging about.
It's not available on amazon.ca yet, although you can pre-order it.
I look forward to getting it -- eventually. :)
I'm hoping my local B&N has one when I get there this Friday. Sure, I could check in advance, but where's the fun in that?
I still want to see you and DeGrasse Tyson in a cage match on Colbert.
I saw multiple copies of your book on the shelf in the Norman, OK, Barnes & Noble on Sunday.
I checked it out from the public library, but haven't gotten to read it since my teenaged daughter stole it from me.
I ordered it from my favorite local bookstore, but forgot to ask whether they were going to get a copy to put on the shelf as well. Maybe when I go pick it up...
I picked up a copy from my local Barnes and Noble (in small town coastal florida); they had a couple in the physics section, and it was turned sideways to show the whole cover.
a copy arrived here today, so The Beast will have a look later. He's hoping to get to it before the birds, as I'm sure the parrots will just eat it up.
We'll try and get photos, of course.
I ordered a copy today from amazon, along with pre-ordering Rebecca Skloot's "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks". Looking forward to reading it, Chad (and you too, Emmy).
Your book was in my local B&N around Minneapolis, MN. I bought the only copy. I love it, but I'm not done with it yet, because a head cold with a throbbing headache isn't really conducive to reading physics. I'll get back to it soon.
Also, the library has three copies on order and 13 requests for your book.