- A nice write-up on Wired's GeekDad blog by Kathy Ceceri, about last week's homeschool event. Includes a picture of me giving a tour of my lab.
- ZapperZ says that I'm not teaching physics, I'm teaching about physics. Which is probably fair, as he defines the terms. Of course, How to Teach Your Dog About Physics isn't as good a title.
And a bunch of upcoming events:
- I'll be on WAMC's Roundtable this Thursday at 10am (well, after the news report that runs at the top of the hour).
- I'm giving a Physics colloquium at Cornell next Monday, April 5 at 4pm in the Schwartz Auditorium in Rockefeller Hall. The title will be "Talking to My Dog About Science: Why Public Communication of Science Matters, and How Social Media Can Help." If you're in the centrally isolated part of New York, stop on by.
- I'll be on a panel at the Empire State Book Festival on Saturday, April 10 at 12:45 at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center in Albany. The title of the panel is "BLOOK: Going from Blog to Book," and includes a bunch of other people who have books that grew out of blogs. I'll also be signing books/ chatting with people from 1:45-2:30.
Nothing like a nice, relaxing start to the new academic term (which started today). Nothing at all...
I'm looking forward to the colloquium! I've read your blog whenever I've been in a blog reading mood in the past three or four years, so it was a pleasant surprise to see your name on next week's list of seminars.