Every year, Kate runs a fundraiser to help support SF fans who want to attend Wiscon, which takes the form of an auction of various cool items, such as a signed book about quantum physics. You can find a big listing of everything at the Con or Bust community on LiveJournal, but some items of possible interest to readers of this blog include:
- A sixpack of books from Small Beer Press
- Homemade cookies
- Math and/or science tutoring from an EE PhD student
- Hand-spun yarn
- Homeade truffles
- A slightly used Sony Reader
- One photo a week for a year
- John M. Ford books
- A signed set of Rosemary Kirstein's awesome Steerswoman books
If you're cheap but not that picky, there's a list of items with very few bids, that might be easily obtained.
All auctions run through 11:59 EST this Sunday, March 6. Comments closed, because you should go over there to bid and comment, not waste time faffing about in my comments.