I haven't done a meme in forever. I was going to spend time today writing something substantive in response to the many thoughtful comments on my blog post on the proper way to be a woman in science. Or on some new topic. But instead I'm producing a response to this meme. Blame PhysioProf.
5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago:
- Graduating with my 3rd advanced degree, an M.Ed. in secondary ed, mathematics
- Moving to Kansas
- Buying my first house
- Starting my first job in Big Pharma (as opposed to the contract research world)
- Becoming a gardener
5 Things On My To-Do List Today:
- Do my stretching exercises to combat chronic neck and shoulder pain from chronic migraines
- Mail check to Farm to City to sign up for the Philadelphia Winter Harvest Buying Club
- Call Mom (but she called me first)
- Call home warranty company and make sure they received the required paperwork to reinstate our plumbing on the home warranty now that we purchased and installed two new toilets (that yay! flush and yay! use less water!)
- Scoop litterbox and take out the week's accumulated kitty poop 'cause it's trash night.
Hmmm...clearly my to-do list these days is not what it used to be....
5 Snacks I Love:
- Toy Cow Creamery Mango Yoghurt
- Starbucks Classic Coffee Ice Cream
- Fresh peaches from Landisdale Farm in late summer/early fall
- Kit Kat candy bars
- Pretty much any other kind of chocolate
5 Things I Would Do If I Were A Millionaire:
- Move mom to much higher quality assisted living facility
- Have the entire yard professionally landscaped with all native plants and nearly eliminating all lawn
- Donate a chunk of change to Philabundance
- Hire a cook to prepare tasty, nutritious, vegetarian meals for me and Mr. Z
- Pay for my niece's and nephews' college education.
I think I'd need to be more than a millionaire for all this, but let's just assume money is no problem for that wish list.
5 Places I've Lived:
- A southwestern PA coalpatch village
- Land-grant university college towns
- East coast big cities
- Durham, NC
- Heidelberg, Germany
5 Jobs I've Had:
- Undergraduate Work-Study Student
- Medical Writer
- University Administrator
So what do we learn from all this? I have no idea. Hopefully you at least found this exercise mildly amusing. I'm not tagging anyone except you, if you feel like it, and Janet, so she doesn't feel left out.